I can't believe I'm going to India

So excited, so excited, so excited!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

We do not heart this hotel, but Santosh, please do not worry. We're fine.

Last night I slept like a baby, but Marcelo had a much rougher time of it. I guess that a wedding party or something is staying on our floor and they were running around the hallways ringing doorbells (there is a REALLY loud doorbell for each room), screaming, and stuff. I must have slept through, but Marcelo was woken up. He was too polite to call the front desk and complain. The elevator still doesn't work and construction continues through the night just like on Restaurant Makeover. And that GD phone in the hallway won't stop ringing -- it's what woke me up this morning; not my alarm clock. Okay, that's enough bellyaching from me. It will be a relief for both of us to stay at a different hotel in Goa on the weekend. Only one more night! And Santosh, if you are reading this, we are fine. We don't need to be moved to a new hotel. There are things that annoy us, but we only have one more week and we wouldn't want to get used to a new place. Thank you for thinking of us.

The poolside restaurant was packed at breakfast this morning. Lots o' new people. I'm inching my way back into my former breakfast favourites. Today, I had a cheese and chili paratha alongside my fried egg, white toast, mango pancakes, pineapple, and pomegranate. We still love eating in this restaurant for breakfast. We just can't face it (or smell it) in the evening. This is a picture of our regular breakfast table.

Oh, before I forget, I added a link to Marcelo's Flickr album on the right panel. Marcelo is a much better photographer than me, and he has some great pictures of Aga Khan Palace, Karla Caves, and the hotels we've stayed at. He will gradually be uploading more pictures to that album, so check often.

Our plans are getting firmed up for our last weekend in India. Instead of staying for 3 nights in Delhi with a day trip to Agra, we are going to fly to Mumbai on the Friday, stay one night, fly to Jaipur (which looks amazing), sightsee, stay one night, take a train to Agra, see the Taj Mahal, take a train to Delhi, stay one night, and then get on the plane to Toronto. I know this sounds crazy and hectic, but we really want to see Jaipur and Sonia thinks it's a good plan. Wonderful Sonia is making all the arrangements for us.

At lunch today, we went back to Kobe and I had the exact same thing as yesterday (head hung in shame). Marcelo had the same as me. I think that this, more than any other, is the time for comfort food. And I must stay in good health to prepare for this weekend. I must. Strangely, they were playing Bryan Adams the entire time we were in there.

I'm trying my best to clean up as many test cases as I can so that the team can keep being really productive. We have so many old test cases that are incomplete, so it's going to be a huge job. But, it's one that we desperately need to do anyways. Everything is going to get so much better with the automated scripts.

Since yesterday's trek to the Taj was such an ordeal, we went to Seasons for dinner, which is walking distance from the office. It works out well because they are open all day and Pradeep can hang with his peeps while we are eating. They serve dinner kind of late here (starting 7pm), so we couldn't order off the dinner menu. We had stuff from the 'Quick Bites' menu instead. Marcelo had fettucine with pesto and I had a chicken burger and fries (I know, I know). Marcelo said the fettucine was actually very good and it came with a generous amount of garlic bread. My chicken burger was perfectly fine (fresh bun, lightly spiced) and was served with very McDonald's-ish fries. For dessert I had fig and honey ice cream (very figgy and yummy) and Marcelo had rasmalai, an Indian dessert similar to gulab jamun with pistachio, saffron, and condensed milk. While we were in the restaurant, they played Rod Stewart, Air Supply, Chris de Burgh, Michael Bolton, and Vanessa Williams -- all cheese all the time.

When we got back to the office, Pradeep was still chatting with his friends, so that made us feel less guilty about him waiting there for us. The ride to the hotel at 8PM felt like it took only 5 minutes. I think we've hit on a great, new evening routine.

Only two more sleeps until Goa. My health is good and I hope I can hang on enough to enjoy the weekend. I'm going to starting packing tonight to make sure I have everything I need (bathing suits, book, sundress, sunglasses, sunscreen...). Hee hee. I know. I'll shut up. Have a good night everyone.

N.B. For some reason, I'm having difficulty inserting pictures tonight. I'll see if I can add more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home