I can't believe I'm going to India

So excited, so excited, so excited!

Saturday, December 02, 2006

I think they call it Montezuma's Revenge?

Okay, so no caves for Marcelo and Kaori today. We're doing much better than yesterday though. I think Marcelo is actually up and about. He probably could have gone on the trip, but I don't think he wants to go alone. As for me, there is no way I could be more than 3 paces from a bathroom, let alone drive for 5 hours on a bumpy road. I'm disappointed that we're missing the caves, but it wasn't meant to be. There are some other caves closer by that can be done in a day trip, so we might do that tomorrow . We'll see.

I have taken so many pills in the past 38 hours. Check it out:
  • 3 Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic)
  • 4 Imodium
  • 2 Acetominophen with codeine
  • 1 birth control pill (I can't believe I remembered to take this)
The only things I've eaten since those GD prawns on Thursday night (maybe that's what this is all about?) is 2 1/2 white rolls and 3 bananas. So, my question is, how on earth can I be going to the bathroom every hour if I haven't eaten anything? Am I actually passing parts of my internal organs? Sorry. Just wondering.

I actually am feeling much better, but I do not heart India at the moment. There is a lot of construction going on in the hotel and there is a phone out in the hallway that rings constantly. I'm trying to make believe that I am at home so I drew the curtains, hid all the newspapers, and turned off the TV. I've just been lying on my bed and listening to my iPod that has the book-on-tape version of Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris loaded on it. David Sedaris is saving my life.

I think that all you guys at AV must be at the Christmas party right now. Hope you are having a good time. Maybe tomorrow some of you will be hung over and we can all be sick together.

2 Comments:

  • At Dec 4, 2006, 7:29:00 PM, Blogger The Micro Felt said…

    I think they call it "Delhi Belly". According to the old saying, that is why you should book 3 weeks for India....2 for travelling and 1 for being sick.

    Hope you are feeling better,

    Ken

     
  • At Dec 5, 2006, 3:25:00 PM, Blogger Kaori said…

    Yeah, that's probably more like it. Thanks, Ken. We're feeling much better. Hopefully that is the last of it before we go home (fingers crossed).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home